To view a selection of photos of the second generation GP3/16 car here: view the link below.
THE CAR UP CLOSE
- Aerodynamics optimized to facilitate overtaking. Very low ride height sensitivity and wide range of suspension set up possibilities.
- Cost effectiveness
- Compliant to FIA F1 2010 / 2015 safety rules.
• Static tests.
• Crash tests.
• Anti intrusion panels.
• Drivers head protection.
· Wheel tether cables
- Compromise between performance and cost effectiveness wherever possible.
- Extensive use of composite materials but limited usage of the most expensive carbon fibers.
- Sequential gearbox
- Electro-hydraulic gear shift system but hydraulic pressure limited to 55 bars.
- All in one ECU- GCU – Data logger equipment.
- High speed data acquisition system but no telemetry.
Chassis and Bodywork
- Chassis designed by Dallara Automobili.
- Carbon Monocoque complying to FIA F1 2010 Safety standards.
- Front and rear wing made out of carbon composite material.
- Bespoke Mecachrome 6 cylinder 3.4 litres naturally aspirated 400 HP @ 8000 rpm.
- Fly by wire throttle system.
- Bespoke six gear longitudinal gearbox designed by Hewland.
- Magneti Marelli electro-hydraulic command via paddle shift from steering wheel.
- Pirelli tyres.
- Three specific compounds developed for GP3 to provide:
The best suitable compound for every circuit.
- A top speed of 285km/h.
- Lateral acceleration up to +/- 2.6 G.
- Maximum braking deceleration -1.9 G
- Acceleration 0 – 100 km/h: 3.0 seconds
Acceleration 0 – 200km/h: 7.7 seconds